Learn how to design engaging meetings, conferences, and conversations that access the creativity and great ideas of a group. Success in advancing sustainability and social change comes from getting all minds working on what needs to change. Engaging people in meaningful conversations generates shared vision and creative solutions; and builds motivation to act.
In this interactive and experiential workshop, you will learn simple yet transformational techniques from the Art of Hosting to convene meetings and conversations that access the wisdom of a group in more powerful ways. Join peers who are sustainability practitioners to learn about and experience the following practices as you discuss challenges and ideas relevant to your work:
- Strategic Questions – frame open questions that inspire movement, challenge assumptions, open new possibilities, and/or enable reflective learning
- World Café – bring diverse people together to innovative ideas and or reflect/learn together in a short time
- Open Space – enable participants to self-organize and connect with each other in conversations most relevant and meaningful to them
- Pro-Action Café – create ways for people to share ideas, learn together, and identify actions for current challenges of participants
The workshop will include time for reflection on how you can use these practices in your work.
• Madeline Snow, Lowell Center for Sustainable Production, UMass Lowell
• Beth Tener, Principal, New Directions Collaborative
Registration Fee: $45 ($25 for students)
Please make check payable to UMass Lowell and send to Lowell Center for Sustainable Production, UMass Lowell, One University Avenue, Lowell MA 01854
Click here for registration form and full flier.